Sundance with Dor & Shiri 2007

Movie reviews! Celebrity Sightings! Photos! Sleep- deprived ramblings from your favorite road warriors!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Over halfway done

Would you believe it is day six?  We are about to see our twenty first film? Not too bad.

Shiri is currently making fun of me because she says I move my lips silently to the words that I am typing. I hotly contest this assertment, but she swears.

We have seen some stellar works of cinema since I last wrote.

Hounddog was utterly remarkable! Starring Dakota Fanning who I normally don't love but whose performance was staggering, and the equally impressive Robin Wright Penn the film follows a charismatic young girl's tumultuous childhood in the south. WOW - it was a moving and beautiful film that I strongly believe will be recognized next award season.

After that we saw the bland and forgettable On the Road With Judas. Not even worth reviewing here.

This morning our first film was Grace Is Gone, starring John Cusack as a father of two struggling how to tell his girls that their mother has just been killed in the line of duty in Iraq. Holy crap, awesome film. At the Q and A, John talked a lot about how even though he has very strong political beliefs, he wants the film to stand alone as a story about grief, and the sacrifices families of the troops must endure.

I predict Grace is Gone or Hounddog will win the Grand Jury prize. 

Oh I forgot to mention that the PR person for RAINN was part of the Hounddog Q and A, and they had the hotline number in the end credits, which is great case I was thinking about that throughout the film.

Now we are about to watch Zoo at the library. Shiri is uploading pics as I type this.

We miss NYC.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i am curious about hounddog...isn't there a very explicit nude scene with dakota? what did you think of that?? keep updating this blog! i read it everyday!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just read all of your blogs. Excellent work. I really want to see Rocket Science; my buddy phoned me after he saw it and told me I'd love it.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Shiri's right! You do move your mouth when you type!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home